Wednesday, August 10, 2011

FOUR!

The whole truth and nothing but the truth.
DAY FOUR: SOMETHING YOU HAVE TO FORGIVE SOMEONE FOR


 Okay, so this is probably going to be a total let down and mega lame-ass, but I am not a grudge holding person. I can't think of anything I have to forgive someone for. I am quick to forgive, and I generally believe that people deserve second chances. Maybe that's naive, but that's just how I roll. (word.) I would want someone who cared about me, or even a stranger, to give me a second chance if I needed one. And I wouldn't deserve these hypothetical opportunities if I didn't freely and genuinely distribute my second chances.




 I have adopted this theory of mutual and universal forgiveness over a number of years. It just seems to me that grudge holding is very retroactive. Yes, someone might have done you wrong, but  by dwelling on it and stewing over it and building up more and more anger you're only hurting yourself. How can you grow if you're tethered to your past by anger or anything but memories, experience, and love? I'm sure there's some sort of Native American or Confucian parable about this. It just sounds like the kind of thing those deep thinking fellas would want to teach us about.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment